Hello and happy Wednesday! Today I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 2 Block 43, “Mosaic,” by Brigitte Heitland. This is a 6″ finished block that makes a big impact. It goes together quite easily, too!
I used fabrics from three different collections for my block. The center is from our Desert Bloom collection; the green print and floral on cream are both from Clover Hollow, and the taupe print is from our Valley collection.
Tips for Moda Block Heads 2 Block 43
- Use the Simple Folded Corners Ruler to add the triangles to the center square. The mini size of the ruler works best, although the larger size will work as well.
- Make all six flying geese units using the 1.5″ x 3″ finished Bloc Loc Flying Geese Ruler.
- Make it scrappy…I used four different prints in my block.
Moda Block Heads 2 Block 43 Links
- The free PDF download is available on Brigitte’s blog.
- Visit the Moda Block Heads 2 Landing page here (for previous patterns and information).
- Find the Moda Block Heads Facebook Group here.
- Go here for all of my previous Moda Block Heads 2 posts.
Find the other Moda Block Heads Here:
- Lynne Hagmeir of Kansas Troubles
- Barbara Groves of Me & My Sister Designs
- Carrie Nelson of Moda Fabrics
- Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chich
- Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Betsy Chutchian
- Stacey Iest Hsu
- Jan Patek
- Laurie Simpson of Minick & Simpson
- Jo Morton
- Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life (you are here)
- Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
A Few More Things…
- If you are new here, or just visit on Block Heads day…you might want to check out my 2019 series of Sew Your Stash posts. They have lots of tips and ideas to get you sewing through your stash. Find all of the posts in this series here.
- Also, yesterday I released the February blocks for my Mystery Block of the Month program for this year. Get all of the details here.
Happy sewing Moda Block Heads 2 Block 43. And thanks so much for stopping by!