Hello and happy Wednesday! Today I’m sharing Moda Block Heads 2 Block 34. This week there are two different block options. The first one is the beautiful Basket and Vine block by Jan Patek. And the other option is a pieced basket block by Corey Yoder. I made Corey’s block in the sake of time, but I really want to make Jan’s block as well. Extra quilt blocks are always a good thing…they lead to more quilts!
I really love this week’s pieced basket block! I was able to use extra half-square triangles along with pre-cut squares and save a lot of time on this one! (For tips on perfect half-square triangles along with a video tutorial for my method, visit this post). And it’s good to have another colorful block in the mix I think!
I used fabrics from both our Clover Hollow collection and our Walkabout group for this one and love how the two collections mix together! The tone on tone background tiny daisy print is from Walkabout. It might be my favorite tone on one print ever! So save your Clover Hollow scraps (or buy some here now) because Walkabout will be in shops early next year!
There is a nice assortment of 12″ x 12″ blocks now, too! I know I’m going to love this quilt!
Moda Block Heads 2 Block 34 Links
- Find the PDF download for Jan Patek’s applique’ Basket and Vine block here.
- Find the PDF download for Corey Yoder’s pieced basket block here.
- Access the Moda Block Heads 2 Landing page here.
- Visit the Moda Block Heads Facebook page here.
- Find my previous Moda Block Heads 2 posts here.
And Find the Other Moda Block Heads 2 Block Designers Here:
- Lynne Hagmeir of Kansas Troubles
- Barbara Groves of Me & My Sister Designs
- Carrie Nelson of Moda Fabrics
- Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Betsy Chutchian
- Stacy Iest Hsu
- Jan Patek
- Laurie Simpson of Minick & Simpson
- Jo Morton
- Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life (you are here)
- Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
Happy quilting, and thanks so much for stopping by!
Beautiful block! I really enjoyed making the basket blocks that came in the Sew Sampler last year. This one would go nicely with those.
Daisy Dianne Bromlow says
Love your blog choice of fabrics.
valerie taylor says
Just found your blog and love it! Look forward to more from you.