Happy Monday! It was a busy, busy weekend here at home (we had a baby shower here at the house for my older daughter who is expecting in October), but I did manage to sneak in a little sewing! Sometimes it seems like if I can just sew for thirty minutes then all is well.
So when I had a few minutes the other night I got my Vintage Tulips Mini quilt cut out. I used scraps from several Bonnie & Camille fabric collections, and I even cut out all of the background pieces from my background scrap bin.
Labeling the background pieces really helps with a project like this where there are several different pieces pretty close in size.
For this project I didn’t need to label the print fabrics since it was pretty easy to tell what part of the quilt they are for. I’m hoping to add just a touch of navy into my mini quilt, too. If it doesn’t work out I can always replace those squares.
These mini tulips were a lot of fun to make…I might have to make the full-size version of this quilt one of these days, too.
The goal for the weekend was just to finish the three flowers….I think the mini will go together in a jiffy now that these are done!
Thanks so much for stopping by!