I got this quilt back from my quilter today…I had just stopped into her shop to pick up some thread, and she had it ready for me. As soon as I got home I got the binding sewn on by machine; I hope to do the handwork and have it on the wall by tomorrow! This quilt is a Teri Christopherson pattern called “Rose Red.” It was my first attempt at machine applique’. I was able to take a class from Teri last September in Layton, Utah at the Utah Quilt Guild 2007 Quilt Festival. Teri was a super nice person, and she gave an amazing lecture and trunk show at one of the luncheons. I had never even attempted machine applique’ until I took her class, so I’m very grateful to her for giving me the confidence to try out the technique. Machine applique’ has opened up a whole world of new projects to me–especially fun, whimsical things that I don’t want to dedicate the time to do with hand applique’ methods.
Here I’ve tried to show a close up of the amazing quilting…but the picture doesn’t do it justice!
My Halloween quilt is finished and ready to be quilted. I really love the colors in this quilt!
I finished up two more Civil War blocks last weekend. The one on the bottom is paper-pieced. I’m also adding borders now to the blocks–thanks to one of my friends who came up with the setting idea.