Hello and happy Wednesday! This week's works in progress projects have been a variety of "use my scraps" projects! Of course I had a lot of scraps while sewing the five new Creekside quilts, and I tried to cut things into usable pieces as I went along.
I ended up with a good assortment of 2 1/2" strips and squares; the squares
have now been sewn into five 20-piece grids which I plan to use for pot holders as soon as possible! I plan to post about them asap!
While sewing I had a lot of pieces from easy-corner sewing and flying geese sewing that I sewed together into half-square triangles while working on the other quilts. I used them as leaders and enders for nearly all of the market sewing and ended up with a few hundred!
I think it would be a little overwhelming to try and trim and press them all in one sitting, so I have them in a basket now, and I plan to press and trim a handful each night.
Last night I did a few handfuls...there are still so many to trim and press, but breaking it up into manageable segments seems to be working so far!
A couple of my new quilts had strip set units and nine-patch units, so I saved the extras to make this fun block! It might end up being a pillow...or would make a cute place mat center, too!
I had an extra block left over from my Patchwork Garden quilt...I'm seriously thinking about using it in a king-size version of that quilt...I really, really love that pattern!
As a reward for finishing up the trimming and pressing of all of those half-square triangles above, I think I'm going to start a new "just for fun" project!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy quilting!