Happy Saturday! Today I'd like to share a fun site with you that will help you best utilize the fabric in your stash. The site is called Pattern Jam, and is the genius of Emily Taylor.
Here is some key information about the site from Emily:
1) As the founder of PatternJam.com, I am passionate about beautiful fabric and bringing this amazing community of quilters together in a platform that is beneficial for everyone!
2) Patternjam.com is the only free website that gives quilters the tools to design a quilt AND audition new & upcoming fabric in a pattern (including their own stash via an upload feature coming this summer)
3) PatternJam.com is being rebuilt from the ground up to provide an absolutely "seamless" experience for my users! I want YOUR Feedback about what you'd like to see in PatternJam.com~ contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your input!
The front page of her web site features a YouTube video which will give you all of the information you need to get started using the site. Basically, you can design your own quilt or use a designer pattern found on the site. Then you can preview new and upcoming designer fabric in your chosen quilt pattern (and remember, this summer you'll also be able to upload fabrics from your stash in order to preview how they'll look in your chosen pattern). It's simple and it's free!
When I first spoke with Emily about Pattern Jam last winter, she sent me some of her beautiful Vintage Verona fabrics to play with. I had fun making a simple quilt alternating snowballs and nine-patch blocks.
I used Moda Snuggles on the back for this one...love it!
- Create an account on PatternJam, and then send Emily an email from the contact form on the website telling her that you found patternjam.com through A Quilting Life.
- Come back and leave a comment here.
Thanks so much for stopping by!