I spent a lot of time this weekend working on a king-size market quilt that I can't share just yet; however, I did take a couple hours and work on my overflowing scrap bin. This basket was spilling over the edges before I started work, and now it has organized background strips on the left and bright strips on the right for my scrappy log cabin blocks. All of these strips are at least 1 5/8" which makes them perfect for those blocks. I only kept strips that were long enough, too. I can't wait to make a few more blocks as they will go together quickly now that I have some organized scraps. I wonder how many blocks I can make with these? I also organized another one of my scrap containers this weekend...
This basket looks about the same as it did before I organized it, but it's actually much improved! All of these pieces are between 3/4" and 1 1/2" wide...perfect for my scrappy string blocks. Again I took out pieces that were too short or too narrow. I couldn't believe how many 1/2" wide strips I'd saved...not sure why!
And at the very bottom of the scrap basket I found these half-square triangles. I just had to press and trim them, and now they're ready to go. This was kind of a treasure to find these all sewn and ready to go!
This was what my stack of Paradiso by Kate Spain looked like Monday morning when I started work...this stack is also the reason I don't have much sewing to share from the weekend. I'm happy to say that these fabrics are now 192 flying geese...and the quilt is starting to come together! More soon!
Thanks so much for stopping by!