This weekend was a flying geese kind of weekend. I made a lot of them...160 to be exact. And they are small...they are cute now, but they will be even cuter when they are sewn together!
I used one Moda Candy pack of Miss Kate and added in some other Bonnie & Camille scraps to end up with the number I needed. I've made flying geese blocks using a variety of methods over the years; however, the smaller the unit, the more likely I am to use Monique Dillard's "Fit to Be Geese" ruler.
When I make larger units, I usually don't have a problem with accuracy. With small ones like these, though, it is really nice to have them a little bigger and be able to trim them down to exactly the correct size. You can tell in the photo above that there is a lot of extra white background fabric at the top--this all gets trimmed off. This method does take a little extra time, but to me it is worth it (plus the trimmings are so cute before I throw them away)!
The blocks above have all been trimmed to exactly the size I need...there shouldn't be any cut off points in this quilt.
Thanks so much for stopping by!