Tuesday, July 23, 2013
I finished my scrappy butterfly quilt! This quilt (made from scraps) has been on my "list" since making the sample quilt for Joanna right before market.
The pattern is actually called "Painted Ladies." I had so much fun picking fabrics from my scrap bin and stash to piece the blocks. And it was easy to decide on a quilting pattern...I knew the Baptist Fan design would be perfect. However, choosing border fabric was another story.
Choosing a border for a scrappy quilt can sometimes be tricky. But my favorite print from "Happy Go Lucky" turned out to be just the right choice. I used the scallops on green from "Happy Go Lucky" for the binding.
I was determined to hang this quilt in the sewing room. This meant moving five quilts and shuffling a few things here and there. I wanted to keep my design board close to my sewing machine and by moving it over just a bit I was able to make room for the butterflies quilt.
You can probably tell I need to make a new ironing board cover...that's definitely on the list for this week!
Okay...one last shot...sorry for the photo overload on this one, but it sure was a fun quilt to think about, plan, and put together. It was the best kind of project.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
♥ Posted by Sherri at 3:00:00 AM